FC2 - Firefox/Mozilla confusion

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu May 20 12:07:26 UTC 2004

Dave Cross wrote:
> I've upgraded a system from FC1 to FC2. I've also installed Dag's latest
> FC2 rpm for Firefox. But everytime I try to start Firefox I get Mozilla
> instead. This happens whether I open it from the menu, from the icon on
> my gnome panel or if I run it from the command line.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Is there a fix?
>
> It's not that I don't like Mozilla, but I'd rather have Firefox :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave...

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg04041.html
Dag's firefox is flawed in that it lacks Blizzard's xremote fixes.
Please read and follow the directions in my earlier announcement about
official Fedora Extras firefox & thunderbird.  Fedora Extras firefox &
thunderbird have been rigorously polished by 6 different people, and
they now integrate perfectly with FC2 desktop.  You can even choose both
as default browser and mail application in the Preferred Applications
chooser.

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/RepositoryMixingProblems
Heed the warnings about repository mixing though.  You need to either
choose Fedora Extras, or the often clashing 3rd party repositories.
(Don't try to deny it.  <evil grin>)

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com