nvidia and FC2

Mark M Young mmyoung57 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 20 12:23:25 UTC 2004

NVidia, IMHO, works better with the OS community than
most major hardware vendors. Do they ALWAYS write
clean code, no. They are quick to fix any bugs that
are reported. The caveat to that is you must report it
or they don't know about it.

BTW, the stock 5336-pkg1 NVidia driver is working fine
with my FC2 release. I downloaded the DVD version and
installed the kernel sources. I have added the
following to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"
       >Option "RenderAccel" "On"
       >Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "DFP,TV"
       >Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT"
       >Option "HWCursor" "On"
EndSection

Of course without the > in front of them ;).
Everything works fine and MAN is FC2 FAST!

Later,
MMYoung

=====
Duty is ours, consequences are God's -- Stonewall Jackson