Empty KDE Menu and KControl in FC2.

Walter Francis wally at theblackmoor.net
Thu May 20 14:06:02 UTC 2004

I see another post on this, but no answers, so I'll give it a shot too.

Since I upgraded from RH9 to FC1 with no KDE problems, then FC1 to FC2,
my KDE menus are completely empty, KControl has no preference modules
listed, if I try something like "kcmshell background" it doesn't do
anything.  Strace'ing the execution of kcmshell doesn't show me anything
interesting.

I even yum remove'd kdebase and put all that it removed back on, just
in case there was something weird there, no joy.  Then I went into
/usr/lib/kde3 and moved everything that wasn't obviously part of the
new version, no change.  I also created a new user and tried it out,
same deal.  Not sure what else to try.  :-/

There do not seem to be an errors, no complaints from kcmshell/kcontrol,
etc, it's like the stuff isn't there at all.

Thanks.