nvidia and FC2

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu May 20 16:23:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Chris Jones wrote:

> > Hey, from their point of view, it's a limitation that Fedora has imposed on
> > the environment that their driver is expected to run in.  They didn't suggest
> > that Fedora should fix the problem did they?
>
> To be fair I understand that this feature is (very) likely to become
> standard in the 2.6 kernels soon - so eventually all distributions would
> have this problem. Fedora just decided to jump first and include it
> before it becomes the norm. The nvidia code makes assumptions which
> aren't valid - so it is their problem.

Absolutely, which is why nvidia have recognised it as such and are fixing it.
I don't think nvidia deserve a beating over this, it's just annoying for us
that's all.

jh

--
"I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure - that is all that
 agnosticism means."                                 -- Clarence Darrow