switching between FC2 and RH90

Thu May 20 20:25:31 UTC 2004

Peter,
you are asking this question in answering another email...
In Hijacking the thread it is unlikely that someone will see your
email...

Regards,
Ludovic

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 21:07, Peter Teuben wrote:
> I'm curious to hear people who have experience in maintaining the same user
> account in a dual booting environment between say FC2 (or FC1) and RH90....
>
> Currently i've setup two different users with the same UID, but it's still a
> pain to maintain all the bookmarks, account settings etc. between the two.
>
> WHat i'm most worried about is that Gnome 2.6 (or 2.4) would create (or modify)
> files that the older rh90 will get very confused about.
>
> Various applications that share the same "dot" file (gaim, etc.etc)
> could have similar problems..
>

>    - peter
http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...), Freeware...
Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!