Simple RealPlayer/Multimedia Solution

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Thu May 20 22:17:48 UTC 2004

Hello All,

	I'm glad to be writing this email.  It seems that many users'
multimedia playback issues will be solved by this simple,
straight-forward solution.  You can now download an alpha, albeit,
pretty stable, version of RealPlayer.  All you need to do is go to
http://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads/ and download the rpm
linked to from the RealPlayer Alpha table.  You will want the Linux
x86(Sun JDS, others) one.
	All you need to do is rpm -Uvh, and youll get a nice new RealPlayer
which will even install mozilla plugins and a menu entry for you.  It
even has a native gtk interface.  WOW!!
	It can play the following media formats. Real Audio/Video, Ogg Vorbis,
Ogg Theora, MP3, SMIL, Flash, MPEG4, RTSP and more.  It also has support
for Accelerated Video and Fullscreen playback.
	I think it is safe to say, that there is no an easy, simple, convenient
way to get a way above decent multimedia setup for Fedora. So let it be
written, so let it be done.

Word,
Jack

P.S. For all other media formats, just use mplayer and mozplugger and
stop crying.