IMAP Version

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Thu May 20 22:38:41 UTC 2004

Behold, William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> hath decreed:
> Please send replies to the list.
>
> Mario Casamalhuapa said:
> > I am trying to install imap-2001a-18.i386.rpm
>
> This seems to be the uw-imap version for RH 9.
>
> > or can you recoomend one.
>
> I have heard reports of success using the FC1 version with FC2.  Also some
> talk of getting it into Fedora.us, so I would check there.
>
> If you look at the release notes for FC2, you will see it comes with two
> imap servers - dovecot and cyrus-imapd

Since I didn't need the functionality of cyrus-imapd, I built imapd-2002d
against FC2 just fine, based on existing RPMs. I can provide my SRPM
privately if requested.

Note: I patched imap so that it provides folders under $HOME/imap instead
of the default, which was just $HOME (resulted in a ton of uninteresting
folders showing up via imap and being dog-slow). For my use, I put
symlinks under that dir to maildir-format mail files I want to access
via imap (I use this to access my mail from both evolution and mutt
without them stepping on each other too much).

prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
"Every man is a mob, a chain gang of idiots."
                           - Jonathan Nolan, /Memento Mori/