Raw devices problem

Dan Haines dan.haines at metservice.com
Thu May 20 22:40:56 UTC 2004

Apologies for reposting this question, but it seems there is a fair bit
more traffic on the list now, so I thought someone might spot it and
offer a suggestion..

Please see 3 emails below...

Many thanks in advance..

Dan

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 03:14:59 +0000
From: Dan Haines <dan.haines at metservice.com>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Raw devices problem

Have rebuilt the kernel, turning in IEEE1394 and other mentioned things
in that forum post...

OK, now testlibraw works:

[root at homer root]# testlibraw
successfully got handle
current generation number: 0
0 card(s) found

but the command: raw itself still fails...

[root at homer root]# raw
Cannot open master raw device '/dev/rawctl' (No such device or address)

Has anyone got any advice?