Mouse (PS/2) not working in FC2

Tomasz Jaszkin tjaszkin at orange.net
Thu May 20 22:46:18 UTC 2004

Since switching from Core 1 to Core 2, my PS/2 Scroll Wheel mouse has
not been working.

It was fine in FC1, but stopped working in FC2 Test 2 and Test 3.  The
final release also fails to make it work.

My /etc/X11/xorg.conf file contains these lines:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

I've tried changing the protocol to various things.

Are there other configuration files I should check, or include here to
help find the problem?

The mouse has two buttons and scroll wheel which also acts as button 3.
  It has "Trekker" written on it, and if you open it up, you'll see
Microsoft stamped components in it.  In fact it looks exactly like a the
same mouse that has "Microsoft" written where "Trekker" is, only
difference is in price!

Tomasz Jaszkin