Problems with LDAP logins after upgrade FC2

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at leonid.maks.net
Thu May 20 22:51:40 UTC 2004

Hello All.

I've upgraded my FC1 box to FC2 today.  While there were no complains or
warnings, I cannot login to the box anymore as any other user except
root.

This machine is authenticating against an LDAP directory.  I ran
authconfig and checked the settings and everything looks fine, but it
doesn't work.  The error message that I get in /var/log/messages is:

pam_ldap: ldap_starttls_s: Connect error

I get this error no matter how I try to become a user - console login,
ssh login, or su from root.  Logging in as root works both locally and
remotely.  Also, it seems that machine can access LDAP directory because
other commands (I tried "id username") work fine.

If I disable TLS then everything works fine, but it is not a solution.
Any ideas?

TIA.

--
 Leonid Mamchenkov.