Inspiron Laptop won't display

m jones blindman.jones at verizon.net
Fri May 21 02:21:37 UTC 2004

I upgraded from FC1 on my Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop today, install went great,
after reboot after all the messages init5 starts and nothing... blank screen.
I know that it is not locked up, I can CTL+ALT+F2 and login all is working,
so I change the default init to 3, reboot, fine... login, startx... fails...
I noticed there is no /etc/X11/xorg.conf I read someone did 'ln -s XF86Config
xorg.conf' so I try that... nothing... still blank screen. So I run 'X
-configure' and that a new xorg.conf tried that, nothing...

I am getting nowhere fast... it seems that X is starting, it is just that
nothing can be seen, it is just a blank screen...

any suggestions?
--
michael jones
erleichda archiving