FC2 x86-64: Asus K8V Deluxe

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri May 21 03:09:43 UTC 2004

Douglas Sievers wrote:
> Hi Fedora fans,
>
> I am building a new system based on an AMD Athlon64 3400+ processor. I
> have an Asus K8V Deluxe mobo on order, but it has not been delivered.
> Has anyone had experience with this mobo on FC2?
>
> Also, those who know, what's a good video card for this system? I'm
> looking at an eVGA GeForce FX 5700LE, but there might be a voltage level
> issue with this mobo running it at 8x AGP mode.

Neither XFree86 nor X.org supports AGP 8x, and unless vendors get more
involved with development it is unlikely it will happen anytime soon.

I highly recommend "Built by ATI" genuine Radeon 9200 specifically,
because it is fairly cheap, and supported by the Open Source drivers of
xorg-x11 in FC2.  It worked fairly well for me in FC1 after updates too.

Do some research about exactly which Radeon 9200 to buy though, because
I read something about the "SE" version not working.

> Lastly, is there a separate list for x86-64 issues?

No.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com