XCDRoast - FC2

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri May 21 05:23:24 UTC 2004

Srinivasan S wrote:
> Hello
>
> I upgraded today to FC2 and am now having problems with XCDRoast.
> XCDRoast detects my CDRW as both SCSI and ATAPI.  By default ATAPi is selected .
>
> When I press OK, I get a message that ATAPI is not suggested due to performance reasons and I should switch on SCSI-EMULATION.  I did a google on this and found a doc which talks about using lilo.conf to setup scsi-emulation.  My problem is I do not use lilo, I use grub.
>
> Please help to enable SCSI-EMULATION:
> 1)  CDRW on /dev/hdd
> 2)  FC2 using GRUB
>
> Thanks in advance
> Srini

Well, xcdroast is primarily a graphical front-end for cdrecord.

And in the FC2 Release Notes, it says that there is new Linux support
for ATAPI devices.  xcdroast sees them as ATAPI:0,0,0 for example, and
cdrecord will support either --dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 or --dev=/dev/hdc

My guess is that the warning from xcdroast is "out of date"....

No, I haven't tried it yet....   YMMV

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com