gFTP and Nautilus FTP file editing

K Youens ky-listcatcher at comcast.net
Fri May 21 05:40:57 UTC 2004

Since installing FC2 I have run into some peculiar behavior when
accessing several FTP sites in Gnome for web pages I adminster.  When I
"edit" a remote file in gFTP, the remote file downloads to a temp file,
but it seems not to detect that the file has been modified and will not
upload my changes.

Nautilus allows me to connect only in read-only mode, for some reason,
and I can't find a configuration option to help with this.

These same problems are not present in Konqueror.  With it, I can access
/ edit remote files just as if they were on my desktop.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd rather stick with GUI-based clients,
and I use Gnome exclusively for day to day work.

Thanks everyone.

Kenny