FC2 GRUB won't install

roman rcher at inter.net.il
Fri May 21 10:38:42 UTC 2004

So... no help huh?
Well I managed to install FC2 and GRUB. It seems that FC2 detected the
disk geometry incorrectly, and so GRUB wasn't properly installed. I had
to boot from the FC1 1st CD into rescue mode and partition the disk with
fdisk. After that, I started the FC2 setup (anaconda) and only used the
disk druid to assign mount points and write filesystems to the
partitions I made with FC1 fdisk, without modifying the layout in any
way.

I have an Asus CUS-L2C mobo (old, pentium3) with two WD hard drives. All
linux distros I tried in the three+ years I've had this computer
properly detected the disk geometry. FC2 was the 1st that didn't (so it
seems). All I want to know now is why did this happen - buggy fdisk? I
really don't want to go trough this procedure every time I install. Is
there a way to set disk geometry from anaconda?

Ok... thanks again for the help... :)