rhythmbox/gstreamer mp3 support

relaxed relaxed at insightbb.com
Fri May 21 12:57:03 UTC 2004

        Hello,

    I'm trying to add mp3 support to rhythmbox/gstreamer in FC2 and was
hoping someone on here could give me some guidance. So far I've done the
following:

 installed libmad and libmad-devel from rpm.livna.org
 grabed the gstreamer-plugins.src.rpm and uncommented the libmad section
in gstreamer-plugins.spec
 then "rpmbuild -bb gstreamer-plugins.spec" followed by "rpm -Uvh
gstreamer-plugins-0.8.1-3.rpm"

    Rhythmbox still complains with the message, "there is no plugin
installed to handle a MP3 file." I've searched google, mailing lists,
and asked in #fedora but haven't found any answers. The gstreamer.spec
and rhythmbox.spec didn't give me any clues either...
    Thanks for your time.

--relaxed