Broadcom NetXtreme DHCP failure

Yang Xiao yxiao at ohpp.com
Fri May 21 12:54:27 UTC 2004

Hi list!
I have created a boot cd from boot.iso and experienmenting with kickstart on
a DELL 1750 with 2 broadcom netxtreme NICs.
Everything works fine except after I type "ks" at the boot prompt, DHCP
doesn't seem to work. I have looked in the log on the dhcp server and I
can't find the dhcprequest from this server And it I give it a static ip,
the kickstart installation will continue fine.
Just to make sure it's not the DHCP server, I tried to use PXE boot and the
server did get the correct IP address from the dhcp server.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Yang