XCDRoast - FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri May 21 13:00:49 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 21.05.2004 schrieb Srinivasan S um 05:39:

> I upgraded today to FC2 and am now having problems with XCDRoast.
> XCDRoast detects my CDRW as both SCSI and ATAPI.  By default ATAPi is selected .
>
> When I press OK, I get a message that ATAPI is not suggested due to performance reasons
> and I should switch on SCSI-EMULATION.  I did a google on this and found a doc which talks about
> using lilo.conf to setup scsi-emulation.  My problem is I do not use lilo, I use grub.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html

-> kernel: The 2.6 kernel provides a new and much-improved mechanism
(known as SG_IO) for applications that must send raw commands to storage
devices.

Go on reading there ...

> Please help to enable SCSI-EMULATION:
> 1)  CDRW on /dev/hdd
> 2)  FC2 using GRUB

ide-scsi is deprecated! Please read above.

> Srini

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:59:07 up 8 days, 12:43, load average: 1.15, 1.02, 0.94
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]