XFree86 gone from Fedora Core? WHY!?

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Fri May 21 12:31:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 02:24 -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:

> So yes, Red Hat Linux is gone.  Please stop incorrectly correcting me
> and go read the rest of the thread.  After that, I welcome further
> discussion on the topic, because I don't understand what all of the
> hooplah is about regarding the license.

Nor do I understand what all the hoopla is about regarding why X.org is
being used now instead of XFree86.  X.org works, at least for the most
part, as I also help tested it during the testing phase.  Who cares why,
if it works then does it matter?  Who cares if they took someone else's
code as long as they can make it better and maybe even develop it and be
more developer friendly?  If they took the code, gave them credit, but
also added their changes, and made it better, then GIT 'R DONE!!

Sounds to me like someone has a problem because they have
software/something that requires/uses/whatever with XFree and conflicts
with X.org or something along those lines (and yes I"m assuming and know
what assuming means).  But why the hubbub if not?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"