Asus P4P800S Issue Help

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Fri May 21 13:12:44 UTC 2004

>Does anyone know if the problem wrt the Asus P4P800 main boards is
>limited to installation only?

I posted to the list, that my P4P800-VM works just fine. I provided hardware
specs and the way I installed.

Right now, even though I don't have a problem with FC2 on my main board, so
I don't really care about this thread, I will admit that I don't have a clue
as to which P4P800 series boards may legitimately have a problem and which
don't. From my experience the P4P800-VM is problem free.

For those that claim a problem, why not provide as much detail as possible
so list members may zero in on likely causation. Maybe its a BIOS setting,
or a particular feature that can be configured away during install and then
possibly reconfigured to be operational at normal run time.

Model:
RAM:
BIOS:
PATA Drive:
SATA Drive:
CD/DVD:
BIOS Video Memory:
USB On/Off via BIOS
USB Devices attached:
Monitor attached:
Installation methods attempted:
Other boards in PCI slots:
etc:
etc:
etc:

List whatever you think may be at fault or significant. With enough of a
sampling, a common cause might become more obvious.

--
Bill Gradwohl
YCC