FC2 sound problem

sarahtf sarahtf at fish-house.org
Fri May 21 13:40:37 UTC 2004

After following joolz's work-around for the no sound problem I still had
no sound from the gnome cd-player applet. (Haven't set up the fancier
stuff like mplayer yet).  Then I checked the volume control menu. For
some inexplicable reason, my SBLive mixer sliders were at zero on the
"line" settings.  Put 'em up to full blast and we now have sound from
both my cd/dvd drives.  Shoulda looked there first....dumb!

I honestly don't remember if I ran into this on T3. I was tweaking so
much stuff it got to be a blurr at times.

Sarah Fish
Saratoga Springs, NY