stable Fedora releases?

Paul Chauvet chauvetp at newpaltz.edu
Fri May 21 14:27:39 UTC 2004

Honestly, if you are looking for something as a successor in the
Academic Environment that is rock solid, look at RH Enterprise Linux
again.  Their academic pricing (without support, but with updates) are
incredibly cheap ($50 for servers $25 for workstations).

We have a couple of labs and a dozen servers (some of the servers with
support contracts though which brings the price way up though but it is
worth it).  I and some other computer staff/students still use Fedora
Core (1 and now 2) on their desktops.  We also use Fedora Core on some
of our less critical servers.  If you need the rock solid stability,
then that is what Red Hat Enterprise is really meant to be for, and for
an academic price, it is very affordable.

Paul Chauvet
UNIX & Linux Systems Administrator
State University of New York at New Paltz