i2o - howto install?

-=Brian Truter=- brian at famvid.com
Fri May 21 15:22:16 UTC 2004

> > Thank you Warren!
> >
> > This procedure worked perfectly. A few warnings are displayed on
> > screen, but they seem to have been non-critical. The system
> rebooted
> > perfectly. Thanks for your help.
> >
> > I installed the raidutils from http://i2o.shadowconnect.com
> but there
> > seems to be an issue with that.
> > I loaded the i2o_config module, then tested the raidutils with the
> > command "raidutil -L logical". Here is the info:
> >
> > [root at fc2test root]# raidutil -L logical Engine connect failed:
> > COMPATIBILITY number [root at fc2test root]# lsmod | grep i2o
> > i2o_config              9616  0
> > i2o_proc               40476  0
> > i2o_block              13600  7
> > i2o_core               39280  3 i2o_config,i2o_proc,i2o_block
> > [root at fc2test root]# l /dev/i2o/ctl
> > crw-------  1 root root 10, 166 Feb 23 15:02 /dev/i2o/ctl
> > [root at fc2test root]# rpm -q raidutils
> > raidutils-0.0.4-1
> >

> http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/RPMS.kernel/
> Please try the latest test kernel from here first.  It has a
> few more i2o related fixes.  Please report back.
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com
>

> --

Sorry it took me so long to reply, Warren. I got a chance to install the new
kernel this morning. Here is the results:

[root at fc2test root]# uname -a
Linux brian 2.6.6-1.374 #1 Wed May 19 12:44:14 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux
[root at fc2test root]# lsmod | grep i2o
i2o_proc               50972  0
i2o_config             11280  0
i2o_block              16160  7
i2o_core               41968  3 i2o_proc,i2o_config,i2o_block
[root at fc2test root]# raidutil -L logical
osdIOrequest : File /dev/dpti17 Could Not Be Opened
Engine connect failed: COMPATIBILITY number

I think /dev/dpti17 is the character device for the dpt_i2o driver, isn't
it?