sound: Bug or Feature

Hannes Mayer fedora at ancientcoins.biz
Fri May 21 16:43:59 UTC 2004

Jochen Witte wrote:
> I have a curious problem in FC2:
>
> sound works correctly with my AC97, but when launching the mixer, there
> are two sound-cards displayed: a Cirrus Logic Audio Mixer (OSS) and my
> Intel (Alsa Mixer). Controlling the Alsa-device results in no sound,
> unless I control something on the OSS device. Is this a bug or a
> feature?

Now as you mention it... "same here".

Up to now I was controlling sound with the "Audio Mixer (OSS)" tab,
but I can also control volume with the "Alsa Mixer" tab.
In the "Alsa Mixer" tab everything is set to minimum except Master and PCM.
With these 2 controls I can also set volume. (sound output with XMMS)

I too dunno why 2 tabs appear...anyone ?

(AC97; Realtek ALC200/200P rev 0 -> OSS; Intel 82801BA-ICH2 -> Alsa)

Cheers,
Hannes.