VPN with Fedora Core 2

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri May 21 20:13:41 UTC 2004

Sébastien Bisoglio wrote:

> Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
>
>> yum update ipsec-tools
>>
>> Then run system-config-network and use the "IPsec" tab (2 to the
>> right of "Devices" tab) to configure an IPsec connection.
>>
> Sorry but on my server I haven't X installed.

Then you need to ssh to the server from a machine that does have X and
run system-config-network, or visit ipsec-tools.sf.net and study the
information there, then study what the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-ipsec script does to manually
configure your ipsec.  I recommend the ssh approach.

> And it's for client or server side the configuration ?

Either.  Actually IPsec is symmetrical, so there is no client and no
server, per se.  You can choose to concentrate a number of VPN
connections on one box and call it a server if you wish, but the
configuration is symmetrical regardless of topology.

Good luck.

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021