FC1->FC2 My upgrade issues - no pop?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri May 21 23:41:46 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 22.05.2004 schrieb John Fleming um 00:48:

> 2.  I can't get my email using another machine - IP for the server is still
> correctly setup, but apparently no mail server is running.  Where should I
> look??  What are the pop and imap servers included in FC2?  From the console
> MAIL, I can see that I've received email since the upgrade, but how to get
> it?

You need to install either dovecot (simple POP3/IMAP server) or
cyrus-imapd (very powerful but more complicated POP3/IMAP server). As
you can read in the FC2 release notes the former uw-imapd (imap RPM) is
deprecated.

> Thanks any help!  - John

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 01:40:04 up 8 days, 23:24, load average: 2.53, 2.23, 1.84
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]