Problems Downloading into Browser, how login to FTP?

Al Franz albert at netmation.com
Sat May 22 01:08:27 UTC 2004

Having problems downloading Fedora from the Redhat site or Mirror sites.

My WinXP system with IE has always had problems with downloading large files
in HTTP or FTP, believe it is a windows limitation.  So I tried to logon to
an FTP site with an FTP program but none of the mirrors seem to work, I can
not see a list of files in the FTP program.  What user name and password is
required for these open sites? I tried "anonymous" but get the errors...

"Address lookup of FTP SITE failed. It may be misspelled, or your computer
may not be connected to the network or Internet. Also check that your DNS
and local name servers are properly configured and responding."