startup programs?

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Sat May 22 02:14:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 17:01, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> Thanks, that almost worked, a new icon appears under preferences,
> and it does run gnome-session-properties, but it says "No name"
> underneath it. I'd like it to say "Start up programs" or something
> like that. I do have LANG=C in /etc/sysconfig/i18n. Should I
> change en_US to C?

You can localize it.  I created it in the en_US.utf8 locale.  You can
create and edit launchers with gnome-desktop-item-edit.

Or you can use manually edit the default text like this:
Name=Sessions
GenericName=Sessions
Comment=Sessions

Tip: Create a launcher for gnome-desktop-item-edit on your desktop.
Then you can drop other desktop launchers to that icon and it will edit
them.  (You can drag & drop to any launcher for a program that takes a
list of filenames on the command line.)

> By the way, how do you know all that? Is this documented anywhere?
> Are there example config files like the ones you posted?

More or less:
  http://freedesktop.org/Standards/menu-spec/menu-spec-0.8.html

--
 David Norris