gnome battery monitor fedora core 2

Juan Antonio Fernandez nanofalinux at telefonica.net
Sat May 22 10:59:45 UTC 2004

Hi I have installed fedora core 2 a few days ago. I am really happy with
the distro except for the gnome battery monitor. I have a Compaq
Presario 1722 and battery applet doesn't detect my battery.

I have acpid up and running.
If I type cat /proc/acpi/battery/CMB0/status works fine
and the ac power cord is detected always

I think that the problem is that battery applet only looks for
information in /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0 or BAT1 and as far as my laptop
has this directory called CMB0 and I think it is not possible to make a
link :(

Any help would be really appreciated

I am really  sad for this issue :(