FC2 - Xorg + AT Rage problem

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat May 22 12:08:10 UTC 2004

Is anyone running FC2 happily with AT Rage video "card"?
I've had a lot of problems with this -
everything else works fine -
after upgrading from FC1.

I've a temporary solution -
or rather two -
firstly, replacing Driver "ati" with Driver "vga" (in xorg.conf),
and secondly, reducing the default depth to 8.

I've adopted the latter,
but for some reason have lost the "viewport" facility
which is very useful with the tiny screen
on my Sony C1VFK Picturebook.

Incidentally, I found it impossible to file a bug report,
as I never received email back
when trying to register with bugzilla.

If anyone does have an ATI Rage card working OK with FC2
I would be very grateful to hear from them.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366