DWL-G650 working!

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 22 14:40:09 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 02:19, Dave Rinker wrote:
> followed information below and same success on dell inspiron 8200 with
> DWL-G650
>
> Thanks

Glad I could contribute.  One issue I noticed was that the card is
either not recognized or configured at boot up.  I have to pull the card
and re-insert it, at that point the system recognizes it and everything
works.

I also believe that use of the GUI network utilities will be
problematic. (in other words you will be better off using the command
line utilities such as iwconfig).

While the procedure I outlined worked it does not provide the level of
integration that I want.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>