FC2 Adding software after succesfull installation under GNOME

Dennis Schulz redplayer at gmx.de
Sat May 22 15:11:30 UTC 2004

Hi.

When I try to install some packages from the FC2 final CD's, the
install-tool doesn't accept the CD. It says that the disc is not accessible.
I've found out, that I have to umount the CD before pressing the
"Yes"-Button. I think some "auto mount"-functionality bears the blame for
this error. Normally an icon is created on the desktop when I insert a CD
into my drive. And I think then the CD is automounted. The install-tool also
tries to mount the CD and this fails. Due to this it means that the disc is
not accessible after I pressed "Yes", when it asks for a disc. Perhaps the
tool should check if the media is already mounted before it tries to do it
on its own.

Does anybody have the same problem? It is very "unsmooth" to umount the disc
over a terminal before you can continue with your 1 package installation ^^

Greets Dennis

(Perhaps this mail is already in the list. I've made a fault and so I'm not
sure so I send this mail again. sry)