fedora core 2 dvd iso download

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 22 16:06:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 11:58, michael . wrote:
> hi hope you can give me a hint with this problem i have downloaded fedora
> dvd iso already for 2 times but both times the file on my pc was about 10 MB
> larger than the one on the ftp und the md5sums were incorrect
>
> what ftp prog to u suse to dowload the dvd iso within windows ?
>
> thx a lot
>
> greetz mike

Sounds like you are not specifying binary mode for the transfer under
ftp.

If you are running ftp from a command prompt it has two modes for
transfers, binary and ascii.  ascii mode I think is the default and it
will convert carriage returns line feeds depending on the type of
systems involved.

After you have an ftp connection to the site you will need to enter the
command:

binary

This will make sure the ftp client is in binary mode.  You will then do
the get for the file and it should transfer exactly as it is on the
server.

Other alternatives are to use a browser to pull the file.  It should
handle this correctly.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>