The Perfect Yum.conf File

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Sat May 22 17:34:57 UTC 2004

Cymon J. Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 11:28, Dexter Ang wrote:
>
>>Rory Gleeson wrote:

>> And I
>>install by hand the things I need from dag.
>

> Have you considered making a alternate yum.conf for other repositories?
> E.g., write a /etc/yum_dag.conf with the [main] and [dag] stanza's and
> call with: yum -c /etc/yum_dag.conf install <blah>
>
> C.

No I've never thought of that. Sounds interesting to do! But, I'm
thinking, I'd have a little nightmare keeping track of which packages to
exclude when updating with dag. Or is there a way to create a whitelist
instead of an exclude list? Something to test once dag.wieers.com comes
up again.

Thanks for the info!

dex