FC 2 and smb mounts

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 22 18:07:39 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 13:39, Paul R. Ganci wrote:
> Paul R. Ganci wrote:
>
> > Alejandro Flores wrote:
> >
> >>  I'm having problems when mounting an smb share. The command goes well
> >> (mount -t smbfs -o username=me,password=passofme,uid=myuid,gid=mygid
> >> //server/myhome /home/user/myhome) but when I try to list the contents
> >> of the directory it hangs up. I looked in /var/log/messages and I got
> >> this
> >
> > I just had the same thing occur:
> >
> > May 22 08:57:11 mcduff kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
> > dereference at virtual address 00000000
> > <snip>
>
> This problem disappeared after I did a reboot when attempting to fix
> some unrelated issue. I have no idea why, but I am not going to look a
> gift horse in the mouth.
> --

Same problem here.  Setup an smb mount point.  At first it appeared to
work as expected.  I had full access to the share.  Then it stopped
working.  Not sure what changed.  Have rebooted a few times but no
change in the problem.  The mount appears to execute correctly but when
I try to ls the directory it hangs.  At that point it is impossible to
kill the ls process or umount the share.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>