VDQ : which Galeon for FC1?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat May 22 19:52:48 UTC 2004

I've just started running Fedora Core 1 on a pentium2, with
mozilla-1.4.2-0.9.0 (which I detest, and never invoke if I can help it; I
only have it at all in hopes to be able to use Galeon). Sourceforge tells
me, for each Galeon release, which mozilla I need; but do I really have
to drudge through them all, or is there a way to reverse the question?

I have very evil memories of trying to coordinate versions of G&M under
earlier releases of RedHat, and will forgo Galeon if need be rather than
go there ever any more -- I had to, finally, as it was, till I ended up
with a scratch install of a RedHat release that came with both.

Also I don't fancy myself at tarballs. Is there a way to use rpm, which I
have now? Or yum, which I plan to get soonest?

I have liked the versions of Galeon that ran, including what I last had on
RH9 (and still have on a backup machine); but upgrading from RH9 to FC1 on
this machine didn't preserve Galeon. (It didn't preserve Pine, either, and
the first thing I did was go get Pine for FC1.) I'll get it if I can
handle it -- but I'm nobody's technoid, nor was meant to be.

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Keep in mind that I know little of what I'm talking about.