VDQ : which Galeon for FC1?

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat May 22 21:09:42 UTC 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Beartooth wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2004 15:08:53 -0500, Satish Balay wrote:
>
> [root at localhost btth]# rpm -q epiphany
> package epiphany is not installed

I guess its not installed by default - but is part of the distribution
and is on the CDs

> OK, let me be clear, because I'm still an unknown distance over my head
> here.
>
> While you wrote that very helpful post, I went and got
> yum-2.0.7-1.noarch.rpm (I already disremember where -- RedHat I think);
> did rpm -Uvh on it; backed up yum.conf; replaced it with the sample
> yum.conf at http://mirror.cc.vt.edu/yum.conf (which is just across town,
> and which I had used when I had FC1 running before). Then I ran
> yum.update; it appeared to run normally -- and got only two little kdepim
> things; so I presume FC1 itself should now be update, right?

Yes. It has FC1 Release & FC1 Updates repositories listed. Using it
you can also install epiphany (the default version in FC1
distribution) with it.

yum install epiphany

> Now, I *think* iirc (and I do mean IF) you must mean that I copy the line
> above (or perhaps the one below) starting with baseurl into my working
> yum.conf -- somewhere. Right? Where? Or should I just be able to do
> something like "yum get epiphany" with the yum.conf the way it is?

yeah - you add another section for the reposotory. I personally have a
separate yum.conf.dag file - (so that I can do updates on the default
config file - but selective install from 'dag' rep)

cp /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.dag

>> add the following text to it <<

[fc1-dag]
name=Dag Wieers rep for FC1
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/fc1/en/i386/dag

>> <<

yum -c /etc/yum.conf.dag install galeon pine

Satish