Figuring things out...

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Sat May 22 21:13:19 UTC 2004

I wasn't sure if yum was able to upgrade to FC2 (but I was hoping)? Does
the yum upgrade command accomplish this?

I was hoping to use yum for this and builds and upgrades though. If it
comes down to doing another system install/upgrade like any other (ie
redhat 8 to redhat 9) then it will still serve the purpose. However, will
the updates (ie core 1 updates) still contain the latest rpm fixes or will
I have to upgrade every release to get them?

My ultimate goal is to accomplish the following:

 Keep a build repository ( for network installs & upgrades)
 Keep update repository for patches

I want to use the yum in a similar fashion as up2date. Since I am not only
new to yum but the Fedora community I was not sure if Core updates were
kept updated with fixes even after a new core was released...

Thanks,

james