ACLs and FC2

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sun May 23 04:00:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 11:14, Charlie Butterfield wrote:
> Can't seem to find the ACL support in FC2.
>
> I was under the impression (from email on this list in December 2003) that ACLs would be supported in FC2 (esp, given the existing solution to the ACL stability bugs by the RHEL group).
>
> But, I can't seem to find anything more than plain old unix permissions.  So, are ACLs supported in FC2?
> If so, is there any magic required to enable them?
> If not, any idea when the fixes from RHEL will be incorporated in Fedora?
>
> Regards,
> -- Charlie B

ACL's seem to be present (but I generally have no need for them on a
single user system). Make sure you edit the fstab and add the 'acl'
option to all partitions that you need the support on, then remount them
(or reboot) then they should be available to you through setfacl and
getfacl.

--
Chris Kloiber