Adding network driver to fedora core 2 release

Michael Scott mas-scott at cox.net
Mon May 24 08:29:59 UTC 2004

I upgraded my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8600) from redhat 9 (2.4.20-24.9) to the fedora core 2 release using default options. My network driver was not seen so I verified that I had the latest version and tried to install it:

rpm -ivh bcm4400-3.0.7-1.src.rpm

I got the following message:
/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory

/etc/security/selinux does not exist on my system. I tried ls -alZ /etc/security and received the message:
Sorry, this option can only be used on a SELinux kernel.

I have not worked with selinux but it appears as though selinux is not enabled by default but the package manager may think it should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike.