cryptplug from fedora.us for FC2?

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Sun May 23 23:12:15 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 23.05.2004 schrieb Roland Wolters um 18:40:
> > In Fedora Core 1 was some kind of cryptplug pakage to install
> > ägypten/sphinx for S/mime support in Kmail - what's about that for Fedora
> > Core 2? Someone on fedora-test-list mentioned, that it will be released
> > soon - is there any possibility to get announcments?
>
> Yes, Michael Schwendt did told you to be a bit patient.

> > And, btw.: Whtas about fedora.us Repos? Are they official for Fedora Core
> > 2?
>
> fedora.us is Fedora Extras - yes, official.
>
> > Or are they 3rd party like dag? And what's about livna?
>
> Packages not being included to Fedora Core nor Fedora Extras due to
> license issues are made available through rpm.livna.org. If you would
> just spend half a minute to visit http://rpm.livna.org/, you could read
> that at top of the page yourself.

You are right, sure, I've read it, but you can found something similar at
freshrpms.net, and dag has a similar philosophie, too, I think.
I was confused cause some people talk about fedora.us as a third party repo,
and some people talk about as a extra, but official repo.

And whats about the fereshrpms, dag, and so on? In some forums there are some
discussions about the incompatibilitys of some packages from some repos (for
example: many people report that freshrpm packages are not compatible with
the packages of fedora.us/livna). So who made the failure there?

Confused, Roland