Fedora Core 2 Install Problem

Ken kenlist at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon May 24 00:57:06 UTC 2004

I am having a lot of trouble with Core 2.

I put cd 1 in and it starts to boot the kernel. I have 1 SATA drive and 1
IDE drive. It hangs looking for another drive on the second SATA port. After
about 1 minute the kernel continues to boot. I go through the install erased
my Suse 9.0 partitions and created my fedora core 2 partitions and the
proceeded with the install I did a full installation. After the reboot, GRUB
listed two OS's Windows XP and Fedora core 2. I selected windows. GRUB
displayed its boot commands and windows wouldn't boot at all. Then I tried
fedora core 2, It starts to boot the kernel and freezes. It doesn't get to
the hardware detection phase. The last line I see is initializing. After
this I reinstalled Suse 9.0 and I was able to get into both my windows and
suse os's.

Any Ideas. I had no trouble with fedora core 1 on this exact system.

Any help is appreciated

Kenneth Savoy