More on Alsa and KDE

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 24 04:17:57 UTC 2004

Well I still don't have sound in KDE but ran into this:

[david at reddwarf burner]$ sudo chmod a+rw /dev/snd/seq
[david at reddwarf burner]$ sudo /usr/bin/artsd

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pipe

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pipe

Whats a 'broken pipe' and do I need to get in a plumber to fix it ;-))
Seriously,how do you fix a broken pipe and is the course of my sound problem.

       Thanks for you help     david