FC2: nv driver with dualhead, xinerama setup

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon May 24 10:10:27 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 24.05.2004 schrieb Steve Berry um 03:02:
> Why is it required to have 2 cards with the nv driver used with x.org, I
> simply don't understand why it lacks multiple outputs, other then full
> support of the card being lacked.

I don't know the technical details. But i tried it myself, came up with
the same error message as you and filed a bug, because I read the doc
and understood the driver is meant to support DH. But Bill Nottingham
told me, the driver is broken in some way, does definitely not support
dual head on a single card, and nobody knows how to fix it. Only nvidia
people could help out.

Peter