autofs

Mark Guzzo marguz at ameritech.net
Mon May 24 14:59:23 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I've selected autofs to install and now when I click on the floppy or
cdrom from "Computer" in Nautilus it will mount the device, cool.

My question is ...
How do I make it to umount the device after so many seconds of idle
time?

I've looked at the auto.master, auto.misc, auto.net and non of them seem
to be providing the automagic mount point!. So where/what is the config
file for this?

The only way that I've been able to do what I want is to setup a
automagic mount point in auto.master pointing to auto.vol. But this
"fix" does not use the "Floppy", "CDRom" icons located in "Computer"

I'm no expert at autofs, but I do understand it. I'm just confused as to
how FC2 is auto mounting the devices.

Any help would be great :-)

Mark

--