So ... um..has anyone gotten dual booting working with FC2?

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Mon May 24 19:07:01 UTC 2004

> Been there, read the bugzilla, however, since my laptop's BIOS does not
> have an option for that LBA/CHS, I have no idea if I will screw it up.
> SO, that's a major show stopper for me
> --

I think that the problem is that the installation changes the number of
heads in the partition table. There have been several threads that
address this and also a report in bugzilla.

The solution to the problem is to figure out how many heads the BIOS
reports (I can't for the life of me remember how I did this). Then after
the installation is complete, from FC2, as root, run sfdisk and change
the number of heads back to what was originally in your partition table.
Once the partition table has been fixed you should be able to boot your
Windows partition. If you search the archives you should be able find
the sfdisk command to do it.