FC2 doesn't see my sound card

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Mon May 24 21:05:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 04:49:07PM -0400, Brian Kendig wrote:
<snip>
> My laptop is a Dell Latitude D266XT, and the sound chip is a CS4237B on
> the ISA bus.  'lspci -v' shows nothing about it.  Under SuSE 9.0, I had
<snip>
Hmm, think about it: 'lspci' lists stuff connected to the _PCI_ bus, NOT
the ISA bus.

Try and list the loaded modules with '/sbin/lsmod', check for the
correct module for you soundcard(see if it's there). If you can't find
your sound-card's module, try manually loading it with /sbin/modprobe
(Check ALSA docs to figure out the module name, probably something in
the line of 'snd-cs4237b') Also, check that your mixer channels aren't
muted.(ALSA drivers are muted per default when loaded). I've no clue why
your card isn't auto-detected, but I assume ISA cards are somewhat more
cumbersome when it comes to this.

Perhaps this link can be of some help:
http://home.nedlinux.nl/~bart/?page=11

Øyvind
--
< Øyvind Stegard <oyvinst at ifi.uio.no>
 < University of Oslo, Dept. of informatics