Core 2: rndc failure to communicate

Jan Houtsma list at houtsma.net
Mon May 24 21:19:47 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz schreef:

>Am Mo, den 24.05.2004 schrieb Jan Houtsma um 17:01:
>

>>Caused by the fact that the -t option is specified in
>>/etc/sysconfig/named (which is passed
>>to the named daemon on the commandline for chroot to another directory).
>>
>>After removing that line from that file rndc was able to build the
>>socket succesfully on
>>l27.0.0.1:953.
>>

>>jan
>>

>So your bind no longer runs chrooted?
>--> ps axuwww | grep named

root:/var/log> ps axuwww | grep named
named     2116  0.0  2.0 38640 4024 ?        S    May22   0:00
/usr/sbin/named -u named

>Can you post your /etc/sysconfig/named configuration file as well the
>/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf file - without the zone file entries?
>Do you have the /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key file? How did you
>configure your bind?

Oh shoot. I get it now i think! I had to put named.conf and rdnc.key
files under the chroot
directory???? I still had them under the /etc hiearchy. That explains
it! And now it works!
Thanks!

jan