FC2: How to change bootsplashscreen on FC2 with GRUB boot loader

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Tue May 25 12:44:48 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 25.05.2004 schrieb Dalibor Malek um 14:17:
> Hi People,
>
> where do I find the Images used for the bootsplashscreen and how can I
> change them.

Replace /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz with your own xpm.

> I know how it works on Suse with Lilo but this is new to me.
> I know I muss change the image and then integrate it in to the Kernel
> but where and how.

Are you talking of RHGB (Red Hat Graphical Boot)? No, it has nothing to
do with the kernel, it's not a kernel patch like the ones from
bootsplash.org that suse uses.

Take a look at /usr/share/rhgb/pixmaps. You can replace the icons with
your own, if they have same size and color depth.

Christoph

P.S.: Please be so kind as to search the archives of this mailing list
first, these questions has been answered many, many times. Thanks a lot.