print properties in openoffice

damon fister damon at cns-tech.net
Tue May 25 12:37:54 UTC 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 16:21, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 03:28, damon fister wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Having an interesting problem with Openoffice since spadmin/oopadmin has
> > been removed. When i try to select File-->Printer Settings-->Properties
> > I can not set any additional driver options for my printers, the dialog
> > does not show up.  This is a problem for me since I need to make use of
> > duplexing and I also have a printer that I need to use a PPD driver. I am
> > connecting to 2 jetdirect printers 1 HP Laserjet 4000 (standard driver)
> > and 1 Xerox Phaser 8200 (PPD) . Any help on this would be greatly
> > appreciated, especially if this is going to be the default OOo install in
> > RHEL4. I would be saddened if I had to uninstall the new and improved
> > RHOpenoffice and install a stock OOo.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Damon Fister
>
> CUPS uses PPD files. put it in /usr/share/cups/model then set up the
> printer using the system-config-printer. Duplex (and all other options)
> should be accessible at that point.
>
> --
> Chris Kloiber

Thank you for your quick response,

Installing the PPD file is not a problem, I cannot open the print properties
dialog in open office to select more advanced options. Duplexing does not
work from the test pages in system-config-printers either. I am not running
as root, I am running as a normal non-privileged user.

Damon